Lead Level Artist
DICE is now looking for a Lead Level Artist to drive the vision together with the Art Director for an AAA title. With solid technical knowledge and skills that are able to push Frostbite to generate new innovative looks, lighting and moods. You are used to pushing yourself and others hard to achieve amazing results, you are also flexible to change and able to modify their work if it will result in improving the overall ambiance of the world they’re creating. The Lead Level Artist must have a passion for building new and innovative worlds.
What skills does DICE look for?
- Shipped at least two AAA titles as a lead artist
- A great understanding of architectural forms, scales and material definition
- Drawing/sketching skills that display basic skills as well as any modeling and texture work related to objects, buildings, natural terrain, etc.
- An excellent eye for detail and focus on delivering the very best quality
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume
- A great understanding of the use of light and shadow, creating realistic settings
- Excellent sense of creating realistic shaders and textures
- An understanding of memory and optimization
- Experience with 3D Software such as Maya and zbrush
- Highly commitment to deadlines with ability to set realistic time estimates for owns work and other artists.
- Setup workflows and pipelines for the other artists
- Proactive and driven
- Team player and good collaboration skills
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English+ a link to your prfolio or reel. For more information, please call Peter Kjellberg, +46 8 658 78 00.