We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise with the widely acclaimed Battlefield 4 being the latest installment.
Work task examples:
- Creating both the exterior and interior lighting within the levels and cut scenes.
- Placing and tweaking of light sources within the environment.
- Creation of sky dome and cloud textures.
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to improve the perception of the lighting.
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as; light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Prototyping the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
- Working with the AD and rendering programmers to define and sell in requests for new tech features and improved editor workflow.
The next great Lighting Artist at DICE needs
- Deep understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Strong sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
- Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and be a champion for executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. We are looking for several Lighting Artists and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English.