We are looking for a Lighting Artist to work with creating the lighting and establishing the moods throughout the game.
Work task examples:
- Creating both the exterior and interior lighting within the levels and cut scenes.
- Placing and tweaking of light sources within the environment.
- Creation of sky dome and cloud textures.
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to improve the perception of the lighting.
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as; light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Prototyping the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
- Working with the AD and rendering programmers to define and sell in requests for new tech features and improved editor workflow.
What skills does DICE look for?
- Deep understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Strong sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
- Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and be a champion for executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English, please also include a portfolio or reel. For more information, please call Peter Kjellberg, +46 8 658 78 00.