RPM Site Support Lead
EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
About Release & Preservation Management (RPM)
A division of Central Development Services, RPM is responsible for the internal and external distribution of EA content. The Site Support team is RPM’s site service provider for physical and digital delivery of testable game assets for development, quality assurance, marketing and publishing purposes. Location will be Stockholm at DICE.
As RPM Lead you will manage and lead specific support aspects of a facility and/or remote unstaffed facilities including but not limited to content submission delivery, internal delivery of media, local aspects of RPM infrastructure and physical assets. This role is solely focused on supporting the site specific technological needs. Administrative duties consistent with that of a supervisor level position within the organization and you will play a key role in:
- Expectation/objective setting
- Performance Management
The Site Support Lead is responsible for oversight of local and/or remote unstaffed RPM delivery, services and demand planning at the local and/or remote site and ensuring that site activities and processes are integrated into the overall global operating model. In addition, local day-to-day operational tasks will be expected. The individual in this role is expected to be an advocate for the local site and champion their needs and requirements into the overall broader RPM organization.
- Manage day to day RPM site or remote operations and ensuring integration into the global operating model.
- Ensure local service operation performance achieves established SLA goals.
- Perform proactive analysis on all factors impacting availability and service level attainment.
- Be the advocate, voice, and planner for the site and their RPM related business requirements.
- Ensure regular communications with site business partners and leadership, including team producers, development directors, technical directors, IT management, facilities management, to capture business requirements or new demand.
- Develop executive level relationships with key customers and stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment between the local site / studio and RPM services.
- Communication and reporting of local RPM Operational and Support performance, while providing visibility and representing local needs to the RPM organization.
- Ensure that RPM communications flow effectively to the local site and that open channels of communication exist to feedback from the local site to the global RPM organization.
- Provide oversight of global initiatives that require local implementation.
- Ensure that there are consistent, standardized processes in place locally for managing RPM escalations, issue resolution, staff mentoring and RPM planning.
- Ensure an effective escalation process exists related to RPM support, services and delivery so that local site customers are able to escalate and have key issues resolved in a timely and effective way (including integration into the broader RPM global service lines).
- Assigned special projects and departmental initiatives as needed.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Strong sense of personal ownership and accountability.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong technical competence, and experience in working across platforms and with a variety of technologies in a globally dispersed large enterprise environment.
- Financial and resource forecasting experience.
- 5+ years of experience with technical delivery in business-facing roles is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of core IT components and dependencies, including PCs, virtual machines, networks, servers, and storage.
- Understanding of hardware/software lifecycle to assist in budget planning and management.
- Successfully developed and implemented new process or service improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online or by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed continously.